SEMS Maturity Self-Assessment Workshop
June 28, 2017
COS's Offices in Houston, TX
1990 Post Oak Blvd. Houston, TX 77056
The Center for Offshore Safety (COS) invites you to our upcoming SEMS Maturity Self-Assessment Workshop on Wednesday, June 28 from 9 AM to 2 PM at COS’s offices in Houston, TX (1990 Post Oak Blvd, Houston, TX 77056). The workshop is free and open to those who want to learn how to assess the maturity of their SEMS (Safety and Environmental Management System), with a focus on OCS operators, drillers, and service and supply companies. COS Accredited Audit Service Providers and selected regulatory agencies (i.e. BSEE, USCG, ASEA, and DOT) will also be invited to learn what the industry is doing and share their perspective.
There is no fee to attend this workshop. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please register no later than Jun 21st.
The objectives of this SEMS Maturity Self-Assessment Workshop are to:
- Describe what maturity means in the context of management systems and why its evaluation can be valuable
- Understand how maturity is different from effectiveness
- Provide a tool that may assist in evaluating the maturity of your SEMS
- Actively work through real examples of maturity assessments to ensure alignment and understanding
- Identify opportunities to improve the understanding of SEMS and SEMS maturity for all stakeholders
Due to nature of the topic, we strongly suggest that organizations send representatives who are familiar with management systems (i.e. SEMS) and management system assessments/audits.
Please send any questions, suggestions or comments to Brandy Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your participation.